Friday, March 2, 2012

To bike or not to bike

I have been seriously considering selling my car recently because of a number of reasons.

First of all, the traffic in Jakarta has been inexplicably intense and it's very draining to drive nowadays! This morning driving my way to the office took me around 2 hours approximately. I mean, what is up with that? I have been jokin to my friends and colleagues alike that I have an office set up in my car. But right now, I'm starting to to wish that I really do have one in my car.

And the next reason is.. Well, there isn't any other actually. I just think driving to the office nowadays is such a waste of time and going there with my bicycle is a lot quicker. Luckily for bicyclist, there are no regulations that binds you to a certain ways of behavior. Hence, it really does feel great when you can ride on the sidewalk, or in between cars stuck in traffic or even riding in the busway lanes. Believe me it's a lot safer riding in that lane than a normal road. But nevertheless, do take care of yourself. It's still not 100 percent safe!

Be cautious out there


But then again, I see this beloved country of ours being on a leash with the automotive industry. It's difficult right now to picture a road with less cars and, ahem, more bicycles.

But one can always dream of a better day. And I hope this is one dream where it does come true.

My partner in crime

Always smile when you ride!!


No comments:

Post a Comment