Sunday, September 5, 2010

Music for the Soul

I just had about enough of the same answer over and over again whenever I went to a cd store and asked the shop attendant for a cd I want. "Oh.. it's out of stock, bro"

And they didn't even check for god's sake! So, in the face of this ever occurring frivolity, I decided to take a drastic measure of buying those cds I want in Australia when I went there earlier this year.

Yes... DRASTIC MEASURES. As I had to go all the way to Australia to buy cds I want!

Currently, my younger brother Bani, is still living and working there in Australia as a consultant. I have to admit, out of all my siblings, his selection of music is the one that I can relate to the most. And his recommendation did not disappoint as he introduced me to what now became my most favorite album of all time: Mumford & Sons.

Ever since I got back from Australia, I have been listening to the album over and over again with no sign of weariness. The band has got this unique sound of country-ish and folk-ish with an upbeat tempo that can kick you awake in the morning without asking our friend caffeine to do it.

What a find, I thought! I guess taking drastic measures work in some cases. See if they have this in stock, bro! Hah!




No comments:

Post a Comment