Friday, September 17, 2010

We Are Family!

"...And a big one too!", that is what I thought to myself when I saw just how extended my, ehem, extended family is.

Ever since I moved abroad 11 years ago, I have not been able to frequently meet everyone from my family. But during the last Ied Mubarak, my family organised the family gathering to take place at my house. And I was aghast by just how large my family is!

Other than the close relatives that I see almost on a daily basis, I had the chance to meet some of my distant relatives. And I actually realised that I knew nothing about these people. Almost as if they are a complete stranger.

This is the first batch of my relative...



And here comes the second...




"Yes, Bayu my boy. These people are still your cousins, nephews, uncles, aunties, you name it", said my Dad when I asked him about this crowd. "What's more is that not all of our distant relatives could make it here today!"

It got me thinking at one point. What if I had accidentally bumped into some of my unknown distant relatives somewhere out there? What if I had actually met my distant relative for a business matter and negotiated fiercely with them?

Or it could be for the worse. What if I had actually dated some of my own relatives in the past??

It gives me the chills just to think about it...

1 comment: